We are Always Looking For a Few Good People
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
WLLO Village would not exist if we did not have a dedicated cadre of volunteers. Volunteers are at the heart of the national Village Movement.
Recent studies indicate that in Oregon 28.8% of adults aged 65 and older reported volunteering in the past year. (source: AARP). Emerging evidence suggests that volunteering provides not just social benefits, but individual health benefits as well. Are you looking for a great opportunity to volunteer and give back to your community?
|Special volunteering opportunity now: Become our WLLO Village Google Suite Administrator
Do you know anyone who is looking for the opportunity to help a non-profit community based organization develop from the ground up? Do they have 8 hours a month to volunteer? WLLO is looking for a volunteer who would like to help us develop our wllovilllage.org G Suite. A basic knowledge of Google products is needed, with emphasis on the value of on-line collaboration. This job can be done mostly from home, but attending one meeting a month would be helpful. We need someone who can be a resource to this growing volunteer organization that is a program of Villages NW. Villages NW carries the G Suite for Non-profits umbrella designation.
This is a great opportunity to help WLLO Village communication and collaboration. Please complete the form at bottom of this page to connect with WLLO Village and check the box for a G Suite coordinator.
WLLO Village is actively recruiting and orienting village volunteers. We look forward to hearing from you if you want to help grow our village.
There are lots of ways to help now and in the future:
For more information on the types of volunteer opportunities, click here.
- Door-to-door rides help keep our non-driving and otherwise active members connected to their community. This is our most popular service, regularly requested by village members who no longer can drive or cannot drive at night.
- Help in the home to coach our members who need a little help with their phones, tablets and computers
- Neighborly/handyperson help in the home and garden
- Office Volunteers who will help answer member requests and match volunteers. A willingness to learn new technology is a must for this role.
- Organizing Village outreach events. Helping members organize socials with other members and general event planning.
- Village Supporters to help with ongoing operation
One of our goals is to create a delightful experience for our volunteers that support our values of connecting, giving back, and creating a community that fosters interdependence.
Orientation and onboarding of new volunteers is ongoing. This includes:
- Volunteers are not required to be Members of WLLO Village.
- Many Members may volunteer to help their neighbors and WLLO Village, but there is no requirement for members to volunteer.
We look forward to hearing from you - please complete the form below if you want to learn more about being a volunteer for WLLO Village. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
- Application and confidentiality agreement
- Introductory orientation session (face to face)
- Online manual that provides key information and strategies for success
- Introduction to operating system of the Village (Club Express, G Suite)
- Photo Identification
- Driver training for those who will provide door-to-door rides